Back in March and April, the husband and I decided that we needed to watch all the Marvel movies through, in order, to prepare for Captain America: Civil War. It was a great idea, Civil War referenced many important concepts from the earlier movies, especially the original Captain America and Iron Man movies.
Fast forward to today, the Civil War DVD is ordered and on its way to us soon, and the husband says, “We need to rewatch the Marvel movies.”
Ummm, didn’t we just do that?
So, I responded. “Okay, but we should space them out a little bit so that this is our official re-watch before Doctor Strange.”
What proceeded after that was a complete plan for watching the necessary Marvel movies for pretty much the entirety of Phase 3. Let me tell you what the plan is in case you want to join the party.
- September-October 2016: Re-watch entire Marvel movie series.
- November 2016: Doctor Strange
- April 2017: Re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy
- May 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- June 2017: Re-watch Captain America: Civil War
- July 2017: Spider-Man: Homecoming
- October 2017: Re-watch Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Age of Ultron
- November 2017: Thor: Ragnarok
- January 2018: Re-watch entire Marvel movie series (easy to do since January is quiet for both life and TV!)
- February 2018: Black Panther
- May 2018: Avengers: Infinity War
- June 2018: Re-watch Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War
- July 2018: Ant-Man and the Wasp
- August-October 2018: Rewatch entire Marvel movie series (in anticipation of Infinity war DVD release)
- March 2019: Captain Marvel
- April 2019: Rewatch entire Marvel movie series
- May 2019: Avengers: Infinity War sequel
Now, we have a complete plan, that can be accomplished, without driving us nuts and also without missing any integral elements or going too long without Marvel.